Health issues should always be a top priority and the ECSCA encourages those involved in the breed to take an active role in screening their dogs for these concerns especially prior to breeding.
What tests are required for an English Cocker to receive a CHIC number?
- Hip Dysplasia – OFA Evaluation, Penn Hip, OVC (Ontario Veterinary College) – PENN Hip & OVC results must be registered with OFA ($25)
- Optigen prcd-PRA – results registered with OFA
- Patellar Luxation: OFA Evaluation – results registered with OFA
TWO of the following:
- OFA Thyroid Evaluation – results registered with OFA
- Optigen Familial Nephropathy – results registered with the OFA
- BAER Test – results registered with the OFA – BAER testing facilities
- CERF Eye Exam – results are automatically reported to CHIC by CERF when registered with CERF
- Adult Onset Neuropathy (AN) – results registered with OFA
What Do Those Lab Tests Mean? from the College of Veterinary Medicine, Washington State University